It was an absolute pleasure to interview Dr Ashley Wellman. In episode #26 you will hear her heartbreaking story of how Ashley lost her husband suddenly and the journey she and her daughter have been on to develop a new magical life together out of the bereavement of a husband and father.
Ashley shares openly, that whilst she was breaking, she was not broken. Ashley had vowed to her husband to create a magical life for her daughter and out of the bereavement process comes a beautifully poignant and illustrated children's book called The Girl Who Dances with Skeletons: My Friend Fresno.
I feel so blessed to share the amazing life lessons that can come from some of the most challenging times in our life. Whether you have been impacted by sudden death, trauma or losses of any kind, you will hear the beautiful messages of hope and resilience from Dr Ashley Wellman that will make you think about the choices you make during difficult times.
Some of the key takeaways from this episode include:
- How we all have the ability to find resilience in the most devastating of times.
- Just because you don't work in the same job anymore doesn't mean you lose the skills and experiences that came with it.
- That there is real power in choice, and that we get to choose every single second how we live our lives.
- Others can ONLY define you if you let them and when you give them the power to do so.
- How our human lives are intertwined with one another and that people are placed on our path sometimes for a season, but other times for a lifetime, and that we all have a part to play in each other's journeys.
I hope you get lots from this episode.
*GET MY NEW BOOK* >>>The Power of Scripting
More from Dr Ashley Wellman
Mentioned in the Show
More from Beth